Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Why we don't abort our editors: words of wisdom from your resident freelancers

So today, this text-message conversation transpired between Taryn and I:


Taryn: Yay! Also I started writing again. It's so wonderful! Hahahaha.

Kate: Ah, writing...we had a brief tryst back in January, until revisions, the jealous husband, came storming in and took over my life once again.

Taryn: Exactly. I am a fan of divorce in such cases, but what do you do with the kids/interested editors? Luckily, I had none ;).

Kate: Too bad we're both pregnant with editors, and will thus soon have to deal with such things....wow this metaphor is getting disturbing.

Taryn: Yeah we're too young for it.

Kate: Maybe. But I wouldn't object to having an editor....

Taryn: Well let's make a pact -- no abortions.

Kate: Yes, I feel like aborting our editors would put a damper on our potential careers.

Taryn: Okay this has been sufficiently awesome.


Words of wisdom, to be sure. Someday all of you will thank Taryn and I for providing such insightful advice: when attempting to publish a novel, it's always best to avoid aborting your editor.

10 comments:

  1. LOL.. that was great, thanks for making me laugh first thing in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Pregnant with editors you say?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally left off the best part. About adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely invaluable advice! Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love analogies? ;)

    I've left you an award at my blog: http://brookerbusse.blogspot.com/2012/05/paper-mountain-awards-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny. Love the silly analogies. Now if only I could join in... Eventually....eventually I will have an agent.... *looks at revisions* sighhh.

    ReplyDelete