Friday, May 11, 2012

Author Photos!! Help!

So I'm copying my BWB Taryn today by posting my potential author photos. Now, these aren't the real thing....my mom snapped these in our backyard fifteen minutes ago, and I pressed "auto-enhance" to make the colors better. In short, they're certainly not professional, and I am completely incapable of all the touch-ups and color manipulating and such that real photographers do. But I need photos for my BEA business cards, so I thought I'd take some until I get the chance to set up "real" author photos.

Anyways, I've narrowed it down to four photos that I like, and I'd so, so appreciate it if you guys would be willing to take a quick look and let me know which one jumps out at you! They all sort of blur together in my mind....I guess I'm too accustomed to looking at my own face ;).

The photos are as follows:

Photo #1

Photo #2

Photo #3

Photo #4


Note: All these photos are cropped from larger photos (again, a process that lasted about ten seconds....I didn't take the time to perfectly frame my face or anything) so I can adjust the dimensions if need be.

Thanks so much in advance!

21 comments:

  1. You look so pretty in all of them. I really like #3 and #4, but if I had to pick between the two I would go with #4.

    I hope you have a blast at BEA. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for #3. You look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful in all of them. I like #4 the best. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree--you are beautiful in ALL of them. But if you want to look the most professional, I'd go with #3. Maybe #2, though the lighting isn't quite as even there as in #3. I say #3 because the other two (#1 and #4) have your head tilted, which seems more informal or even slightly "flirty" if you will--which is very fetching and appealing/cute, but perhaps thus a bit less professional. Just my thoughts; take them as my opinion only.

    Have a blast at BEA!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All are great but I think #3 is best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three! And I promise I voted in my head before I read everyone else' vote :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think either #3 or #4 would be best :) You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like either 1 or 2, 3 or 4 look too posed, please don't ask what I mean. You look less comfortable is what I think I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Author photos! Exciting!! I like 1 and 4 the best. 4 is a little sharper, less fuzzy than 1, though. Really, they're all lovely. Pic your fave. If you choose 3, I'd crop it so that spot of sunlight on the bottom of your hair is cut out. (I know you said you haven't done any cropping yet.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like 2 the best, but 3 is second for me. That seems to be everyone else's favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to have to say #3 as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, everyone! You're all so great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are adorable! I don't know if you picked yet - you probably already did... I like #3 best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 2 and 4 are my favorites. I'm laughing reading all the different comments. We're not a lot of help are we?

    ReplyDelete
  15. #1 stands out the most for me. Before you finalize any design for your cards, check out what Carrie Butler did on her business cards, including a QR code, at

    http://carrieabutler.blogspot.com/2012/01/moo-minicards.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. RandomTeenWhoHappenedToDropByMay 26, 2012 at 5:48 PM

    I use a online website called Pic Monkey to edit my photos.. you can add colors, crop, even add lip tint at a touch of a mouse and it's free

    ReplyDelete