Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Critique partners and a contest

Blogger spell check is telling me that I spelled "partners" wrong. Am I going crazy? That's how you spell it, right?

Anyways, a couple days ago I did a post about appreciating non-rejections, and how much I love getting emails that don't contain rejections. And so my wonderful CP Celesta sent me this:


Dear Ms. Coursey,
Thank you for sending us your manuscript, SAFFY COURSEY: THE SECRET LIFE OF SAFFRON THE CAT, for our consideration. We found the narrative brilliant and engaging. The untold story of the feline crusader against superstitions linking cats to witchcraft in India is perfect for our list. We have contacted your agent with our offer which includes an unlimited advertising budget and a six month book tour with all expenses paid to accomodate Saffy. Should you accept, we at Big Boy New York Publishing House plan to make SAFFY our lead title for summer 2013.
Best Wishes,
Editor Who Wants To Make All Your Dreams Come True


(Saffy, short for Saffron, is the name of my cat.)

Needless to say, I'm ecstatic that Big Boy New York Publishing has decided to accept my manuscript. Don't y'all wish you had critique partners like this? (I'm not bragging. Okay, maybe a little.)


Last week I attended Bree Despain's launch party for THE SAVAGE GRACE, the third book in The Dark Divine trilogy. In honor of Bree's launch, I've decided to give away a signed copy of THE DARK DIVINE. It really is a great read (and I'm not even a big fan of paranormal romance). Plus, I kinda suck at hosting contests, so there probably won't be very many entries, giving you a high chance of winning! (Haha. That last sentence is just pathetic.)



Rules for the contest:

+2 for following
+1 for commenting on this post (with email, please)
+2 for tweeting/blogging/facebooking
+1 for BEING AWESOME
+1 for adding up all your points and posting that number along with your comment



Yay! Hope everyone's having a fantabulous Wednesday.

12 comments:

  1. Hi there! I just followed (2+) and am commenting! (1+) and am awesome (or so some tell me 1+) and will add 1+ for adding up the points: 50!
    Love the cat story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the deal. ;D I look forward to seeing it in stores, where I'm sure tales of Saffy the cat shall launch a new trend in YA/MG fiction.

    +2 for following
    +1 for commenting on this post
    +1 for BEING AWESOME
    +1 for adding up all your points and posting that number along with your comment

    5 POINTS TOTAL. ^^
    probloguewriter(AT)mail2world(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put me down for all 7 points! I like that cover; nice twist on the wistful girl in a beautiful dress, since we don't even see her face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sign me up for fifty points, too ;-)
    okay, really, it's five. But I need to finish this series, and can't afford the book right now :(
    Did you know Bree and I used to be in a critique group together? I knew Daniel before he was a werewolf, and was just a troubled teenager in a realistic story. So...see? I deserve to win! Pick me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, I've seen Bree's books around, and have been very curious to read them. Thanks for the chance!! :-)

    I am already a follower, I commented, I'm awesome (hope that doesn't sound totaly UNhumble...but I'd love the extra point ;-), and because I am adding up all my points....that comes to 5 points!

    ~ Katie
    agirlslegacy(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha. You are so funny Kate. And what a wonderful letter :)

    Okay
    +2 for following
    +1 for this awesome comment
    +1 because of my awesomeness for the awesome comment
    +1 for my awesomeness of adding up my points for this awesome contest

    =5! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! Congrats on your book! Yay!
    I have 4 points. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS that is SOOOO awesome. I love hearing good news like this! Best of luck with the book tour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 5 points for me! yay. ilimatodd AT gmail DOT com

    And Saffy is an adorable name. I love your cat already.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get five points too! kathrynpurdie (AT) gmail (DOT) com. *winces* I still think my email is going to be spammed by the internet baddies of the universe, even though I tried so hard to cleverly fool them.

    I loved the letter your crit partner wrote! I know all these rejections suck, but just know how super you awesome you are to be at this level in the crazy game of publishing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how even the toenails are purple on the cover. Details are so important in writing and it's nice to see that carried onto cover. Plus, I love noticing them. :D

    +2 for following
    +1 for commenting on this post (with email, please)
    +1 for BEING AWESOME (+1 point for you for reminding me not to forget to be awesome)
    +1 for adding up all your points and posting that number along with your comment
    ________________________________________
    5 points

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! And my email is brookerbusse@yahoo.com

      Delete