Monday, February 27, 2012

It's easy, really

I just discovered the ultimate secret to writing a novel. Behold:



Who knew it was this simple? I guess I've been doing it wrong all these years. My favorite, by the way, is #4 (not only because it's totally true, but because I imagine it being said with a British accent). (My inner editor is dying because passive voice was used in the last sentence.)(Passive voice is hated by me.)

All right. I'm stopping now. I really haven't had enough sleep in the past week, and blogging without sleep leads to ramblings and tangents and other shenanigans.

Hope everyone's having a fabulous Monday (HA....if such a thing even exists).

11 comments:

  1. Passive voice is used in Latin often. We are encouraged by our Latin professor to use passive voice. When it is used in our daily vocabulary, he is made happy. Writer-Taryn is thrown off by this. She is told not to use passive voice in English, yet she is expected to use it in Latin. It is hoped by Taryn that Kate is pissed off by this paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that we're reading this is proof of #4, isn't it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. Okay but I'm going to make this hard by comparing the 80,000 words to 80,000 ingredients.

    "Make a delicious food using 80,000 ingredients". That's a challenge for any chef.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were great! I like the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha. Nice. #4 and #3 are the bane of my writerly existence, *write* about now... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally hilarious and I'm going to post it on my blog one of these days. Hope ya don't mind. I'll post a link back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Passive voice is also hated by Emma. Passive voice is the scourge of her manuscript. It's the wicked plague of first-person past-tense.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, #4 I am way too familiar with you *sigh*

    ReplyDelete