Wednesday, January 25, 2012

EVERNEATH Contest!

Last night I attended the launch party for Brodi Ashton's EVERNEATH. It was an amazing event, with hundreds (no, literally hundreds) of people crowding into the King's English bookstore. I read the book back in October and loved it. It's one of Harper Collins' big releases for 2012, so if you haven't already heard of it, you will soon! I got to hang out with tons of awesome writer-people, including several of my critique partners. The Utah writing scene really is wonderful.

Brodi's a local author and her presentation was hilarious. She received hundreds of rejections before signing with an agent, and EVERNEATH went on to sell within 48 hours after going out on submission. Truly an inspiring story. I have here a hardcover copy of EVERNEATH, signed by Brodi herself. You can read my review and a plot summary here.



So how do you enter? The rules are simple:

+2 for following
+3 for Tweeting
+3 for blogging
+3 for Facebooking
+1 for commenting on this post with your name and email address
+1 for adding up all your points and posting that number in the comments

Open to US residents only (sorry, international bloggers!). You don't have to be a follower to win (although of course, I would love it if you did follow :)).

Congrats to Brodi! This contest ends February 3, 2012. Spread the word!!!

12 comments:

  1. This sounds SO good. I'm in!

    +2 for following
    +1 for commenting
    +1 for adding :)

    4 total! (If I tweet or blog later I'll update this.)

    Thanks Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hoping to reading this for a while.

    +2 for following
    +1 for commenting
    +1 for adding

    That's 4 entries.

    Yay for good books. I wish I lived in SLC and could come to launches like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want!!
    +2 for following
    +3 for Tweeting
    +3 for Facebooking
    +1 for commenting on this post with your name and email address
    +1 for adding up all your points and posting that number in the comments
    ______
    Total: 10 points

    author.jabennett@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. +2 for following
    +3 for Tweeting
    +1 for commenting
    +1 for adding up total.

    Total= 7 Points.

    I want this book. It's sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 7 for tweeting and some other stuff. +134987238 for being me.

    I loff this. You have my email. And my address.

    Also, I hate you one more time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, just looking at your sidebar makes me feel very inadequate. :( But I'm chugging along just fine and it's always good to see someone else following their dream.

    Okay - + 2 for following, +3 for tweeting, +1 for commenting, and +1 for adding up which is...7.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, it ends on my birthday, cool. :) And I coulda sworn I was already a follower. O_o *rectifies*

    +2 for following, +3 for tweeting, +1 for commenting, and +1 for adding it up. 7!

    nacogdoches.girl@gmail.com
    And, uh, my name is Constance? I don't *think* my name has changed recently...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an interesting book. :) Can't wait to read it. Thanks for holding the giveaway!

    Following.

    Tweeting:
    https://twitter.com/#!/silent_pages/status/162390996267712512

    Name: Silent_Pages

    Email: probloguewriter(AT)mail2world(DOT)com

    And adding it all up. ^^

    7 Points

    ReplyDelete
  9. Liesl Shurtliff sendliesl(at)gmail(dot)com. I'm only putting that so I can get points, not that you need the info. You better not!

    2 for following
    3 for tweeting
    1 for commenting
    1 for adding

    7 points

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I've really enjoyed roaming around your beautiful blog!

    Thanks for this giveaway!

    +2 for following
    +1 for leaving a comment with my name (Rachelle Rea) and email address (biblioprincess15(at)yahoo(dot)com)
    +1 for adding up these points (4)

    Blessings,
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen this book around, and am REALLY interested in it. Would love to win! Thanks for the chance.

    +2 for following
    +3 for tweeting (https://twitter.com/#!/katie_mccurdy/status/164871886700945408)
    +1 for leaving my name and email addy (below)
    +1 for adding it up (total is 7!)

    Katie McCurdy
    agirlslegacy(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. +2 for following
    +3 for Tweeting
    +3 for Facebooking
    +1 for commenting :)
    +1 for adding

    And voila! I get 10 entries! :D Such a nice, rounded-out number... anyway, my email is newyorksnowflake@gmail.com and I really only want to win this book because I recognize the story it's based on from a mini-cartoon I saw once :P

    ReplyDelete