Wednesday, December 14, 2011

An Interview and Stuff

Hey guys. I hope you are all having a spectacular, fantabulous, superkalafragalisticexpealidocious week. (Spell check is telling me that I spelled "superkalafragalisticexpealidocious" wrong.) I have one more final tomorrow and then I'm FREEEEEEE!!!!!!! Seriously though, finals week does awful things to your brain....last night my roommate locked me in the closet, and our conflict escalated over the course of three hours into a full-on tickling/hitting/biting war. That's right, we regressed from college students to five-year-olds. And I have the bruises to show for it.

Anyways, I just thought I'd let you guys know about the interview I did over at Leigh Covington's blog. She was awesome to host me and I had a ton of fun! If you get a chance, go check out her amazing questions and my (somewhat less amazing) answers.

I've decided to do DecembroWriMo. Short for December Writing Month, which really doesn't have the same ring to it as NaNoWriMo, but whatever. Since I spent November working on revisions for my agent, I'm writing a new book over the holidays! That's right, a new book! A shiny new book with new characters and new plots and NEW EVERYTHING! (Don't judge me. I've been working on revisions since April....I'm literally dying to start something new.) I also just received a package in the mail from my writing buddy and business partner Taryn Albright. As if I needed another reason for her to be my FAVORITE PERSON EVER, she sent me chocolate and books and a notebook and NAIL POLISH, people. As I always say, true friends don't let friends go without nail polish.

Wow. There is some extreme capitalization and parentheses abuse going on in this post.

What about all you guys? Editing your NaNoWriMo creations? Working on a new project? Or do you plan to spend the holidays in the bliss of a food-induced coma?

9 comments:

  1. It's spelled "supercalafragalisticexpealadocious," actually, but we'll forgive you.

    A new book? Awesome! Looks like our efforts to prep a space on our shelf for you will not be in vain. :)

    I'm taking writing off for the rest of the month. No revisions. Nothing. Need to set all my blogging goals straight before the new year, clean out the inbox, and send stuff to other inboxes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prepping a manuscript for submission, so the NaMo material is on hold. Will be back to it later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've completely given up my NaNoWriMo story. I liked it, but my mom says my characters aren't believable. Personally, I love all of my characters dearly, but I suppose she's right. Well, I don't know...anyways, I'm working on something new. By "working on," I of course mean "totally avoid working on because even though I want to I don't have the motivation."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, David is close, but not quite. It's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. And yes, I was such a spelling nerd in elementary school that I memorized it. I know, there's no hope for me.
    But, your interview was awesome and I can't wait to hear more about your DecembroWriMo project. My NaNo is still really exciting to me. I think I might like it even more than my last book. Yes, I really am that fickle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for NEW EVERYTHING projects! I'm preparing submission materials for a pre-NaNo novel during December. The NaNo novel and I need a break from each other or we're also going to fight like five-year-olds.

    I'm also ready for some actual Christmas snow. Can I wish for that now that you don't have any more classes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Melanie: NERDDDD!!!!! Hahaha just kidding ;).

    @Annabeth: Don't give up! Revisions are great for fixing unrealistic characters...I should know!

    @Celesta: NO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WISH FOR SNOW!!!! (I hate snow. Really.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Food coma for me! ha ha. Just kidding. I'm beta reading this month for a couple of friends. So awesome.

    I love the idea of a December NaNoWriMo. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kate! I found you from the interview :) Congrats on your accomplishments so far! Seriously inspiring! I didn't participate in NaNoWriMo as I was revising my novel, but that novel is now sitting for a while so I've also started something new, which I ADORE. Yay for newness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun interview! I've been playing with the start of my second book over the last few days, in preparation for diving back into it once I query Spirits. Good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete