Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Finals

Basically....




.....this is my life.

Don't get me wrong, college is wayyyy easier than high school, but finals still aren't fun. My brain's like wait.....I was supposed to learn this stuff? Like, long term?

I'm one of those people who gets really nervous before a test. I usually deal with this by eating lots of candy, which is not the most healthy option, especially when I have a final for every class. Writers tend to get nervous as well....I remember waiting for agents to respond to my query, and it was absolutely awful. When I go out on submission I'm sure it'll be the same way.

So what about you guys? How do you deal with nerves?

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with the finals! (And yes, I hate taking tests. I freeze up.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck studying!

    How I cope:
    Nerves with tests--study nonstop from the moment I hear about the test. (Yeah, I get nervous about tests too.)
    Nerves with submissions/querying--work on something else...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're on the right track with candy, but it needs to all be in the dark chocolate family--yum, dopamine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still in high school, but bleh finals are just killing me, too. I'm with Angelica on the dark chocolate. Dark chocolate+Hot green tea (the one with uber-amounts of caffeine) is what I'm living off of this week. I tried coffee but apparently I'm one of those weird people that easily fall asleep after drinking coffee (even black >_>). I don't even know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same way! I'm glad my final is over for this semester. (I only had 1 class, but still!) I finally just decided, "Hey - this is as good as this paper is going to get so I don't care!" LOL - really, I just didn't care what my grade was anymore. I didn't think it would be totally awful so I just said, the heck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what? That last picture was me during my final exams. Totally calculated them. I could miss at least eleven questions and still maintain an A.

    Best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hate tests. Study, constantly, and make sure I sleep enough. Waiting to hear back on a manuscript is different. Once it's out there, waiting is all that's left; to pass the time, I work on the next manuscript. Good luck with finals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in a state of total denial. My brain has not yet registered that I have five extremely hard tests next week. Fortunetly most of my teachers are REQUIRING us to fill out our study guides, which is good because if they didn't I'd probably never study, then freak out right before the test. Yeah, my study methods aren't the best. I'm as good as dead. :(

    ReplyDelete