Thursday, July 28, 2011

Some things

For those of you who didn't get the last post, there's a glaring grammatical error on the carpet. Zoe and I found it quite amusing.

Also, the deadline for the full manuscript critique contest has been extended to August 6! Go enter, all of you! It's a great opportunity to get the opinion of an experienced writer who also happens to be in your target demographic. Click here.

Today marks my last day at Scholastic. The timing was absolutely perfect (I'll be done with a brand new draft by tomorrow) and I'm really ready to work on a different project, but I'm still sad to leave! The other interns - Zoe, Marisa, and Emily - were awesome, as was my editor Jody who is just so much fun to be around. We had lots of laughter and ate large quantities of white life savers (my apologies to Lisa Sandell, who will return from maternity leave in a few months to find her candy supply greatly diminished). Along with giving me some excellent editorial notes, Jody wears converse every day with her work clothes (you gotta love people who can pull off converse with long skirts).

Anyways, I'm getting ready to enjoy my last days in NYC with one of my best friends, who flew out from Washington. I'll do a more informative post tomorrow.

<3

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing time at Scholastic! I can't even imagine how much you've learned. Enjoy your last few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know I was flying out!

    Oh, wait :p

    Have SO MUCH FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The grammatical error is really funny :) Have fun with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great experience that must have been at Scholastic!

    ReplyDelete