Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year

Yes, 2010 is officially over!!! Done. Complete. Finite.

All in all this year was pretty awesome. I met so many wonderful people. In particular I'd like to thank my writer friends, those from WIFYR and yourword, who have encouraged me through the often arduous process of completing two books (The Hamsa's Song and my current WIP). You guys are amazing! Writing has always been a lonely pursuit for me, but meeting other aspiring authors really helped me come out of my shell.

Kenya was one of the best experiences of my life. I will never forget those people, the children especially, and I can't wait to visit the orphanage in Ghana next summer. Winning the Scholastic PUSH novel contest was another highlight, one that I hope will jump-start my career. The people at Scholastic have been so kind and encouraging. Thank you for these awards! Gaining recognition at a young age is great for any artist or writer, and it's definitely prompted me to keep working toward my goal.

To all you people out there who actually read this blog, I hope your year was as fun as mine was! I'm so grateful for everything I have. Here's to 2010, and let's make 2011 even better!!!

7 comments:

  1. I think the only way you can top your 2010 is by getting a book contract! And by George, I think you can do it!

    I'm so glad to have met you, Kate. YOU are definitely one of MY highlights from 2010!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks!!!! I can't wait to see you again :)

    And I certainly hope so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a year indeed! Yours had some amazing adventures and experiences. 2011 will be a great year, and by jove, a productive one. Keep on writing and good luck with your college aps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks David! Hope the writing's going well, and maybe I'll see you at the LTUE conference this winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's free, so I'm counting on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scratch that. There's an entry fee now, but it's cheap enough, so I'll be there still.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh there is? I'd better check it out.

    ReplyDelete