Thursday, May 6, 2010

FREAKING OUT

Today, I got a call from the entire editorial department of Scholastic PUSH.

Yes, you heard me right. The entire editorial department of Scholastic on speakerphone.

My novel, The Hamsa's Song, has won the Gold Medal in the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards 2010. I will be going to Carnegie Hall on June 9th to accept the award. In addition, I have been assigned an editor from Scholastic, who will help me polish my novel with the goal that it will acquired and published sometime in the near future. My editor's name is Jody. To learn more about the awards, you can visit this website:

http://www.artandwriting.org/



Scholastic. As in, the company that published Harry Potter. As in, the largest distributor of children's books in the world.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm done freaking out.
:D

2 comments:

  1. See! What did I tell you? A prodigy you are!

    Good for you! I'll try my hardest to not be jealous. Scholastic is fantastic. I had a great experience with them, even though they turned me down last year. They seemed to like my stuff, though. Best rejection letter I ever got. My MS was discussed with their editorial staff, but no phone call for me.
    Lucky you.
    So again, good for you. Now edit away!
    I wanna read it!

    -David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    It still hasn't quite sunk in yet...it might not get published, but it's a step in the right direction.
    And I very much doubt I'm a prodigy... :)

    ReplyDelete